What Is Bodybuilding?
Bodybuilding, popularly known as bodybuilding, is a physical activity that is based on the intensive performance of physical exercises, normally of an anaerobic nature, which mostly consist of training with weights and specialized machinery in the area of a gym through hypertrophy or strength exercises.
Natural bodybuilding is a trendy concept in the world of sports. It is, in general terms, a competitive sport in which the participants are judged, both by their physique and by their athletic quality. They are elite competitions, both nationally and internationally, which in the vast majority of cases have a great impact.
Thus, to participate in it, participants try to increase the size of their muscular system while minimizing the adipose tissue of their body. To do this, of course, they cannot use any type of substance that in any way improves their performance in training, which is strictly prohibited by national and international laws. When it comes to prohibited substances, they largely depend on the legislation of each country, as well as the athletes’ federation.
This is why natural bodybuilders must pass different doping tests to compete. As a general rule, the most common medical tests are urine and blood tests; Furthermore, in many cases, the polygraph is used. In the most strict cases, it is an essential condition that participants have not consumed any substance for at least seven years before the test.
1. Where is bodybuilding developed?
Bodybuilding is usually developed in gyms, with the intention of achieving powerful muscles , while maintaining the symmetry and definition of said muscles as much as possible.
2. What is the purpose of bodybuilding?
Furthermore, work aimed at achieving muscle hypertrophy is known as bodybuilding, differing from bodybuilding in that bodybuilding does not require poses as the goal of working on the muscles. Apart from bodybuilding, bodybuilding should not be confused with online sports instructor courses , athletics or powerlifting , which are practices that are often confused but are different in both practice and objectives.
Change your body radically with bodybuilding
Nowadays, obtaining a high level of training in bodybuilding is very important for national and international recognition.
Habits to become an elite bodybuilder
Discover the best online bodybuilding courses that exist in which you will find the most complete training programs.
To give you a preview, we will tell you some essential habits to start your path to bodybuilding:
- Train with weights: Although gyms are full of state-of-the-art machines, most of them will not help you gain a large amount of muscle mass. Dumbbells are the best choice for all bodybuilders, especially beginners.
- Don’t do lifts or movements that are too complicated: Start with the basics. Although you see bodybuilding exercises of all kinds on many websites, we recommend that you stick with the classic lifts. If squats, deadlifts or bench presses are so popular exercises, it’s because they work.
- Find an effective routine and stick to it: To succeed in the world of bodybuilding you must follow a routine in a strict and disciplined way. Seek advice from a personal trainer or an experienced bodybuilder to design a gym routine that includes the exercises you should do, the number of sets and repetitions.
- Don’t train daily: Any sports “geek” knows what he or she is doing, so your routine should include three or four weekly sessions, and not one daily session.
- Train each muscle group every week: Don’t dedicate a week exclusively to one muscle group. Your routine should combine comprehensive exercises that cover all muscle groups to grow.
- Master the correct technique: Although you may be tempted to check how much weight you can lift, it is better to be cautious and start with lighter weights and learn the correct technique first. If advice from the gym’s in-house staff isn’t enough, consider hiring a personal trainer to teach you safe weight lifting technique.
- Don’t overexert yourself: With this we don’t want to tell you not to give your all when it comes to adhering to your routine and sticking to it strictly, but we do want you to consider not overloading your body with too much exercise or weight. Keep in mind that the more balanced your exercise is, the less recovery time you will need and the healthier you will feel.
- Avoid junk food: If you want to gain muscle instead of fat, you should avoid at all costs the food served in typical fast food chains. Instead, eat more frequently (about 4 or 5 times a day) with meals rich in protein, fruits and vegetables.
Bodybuilding for people over 50
It is a physical activity that can be very beneficial for health and well-being in general, also for older people. Although many people may think that bodybuilding is only for young people, the truth is that it offers many benefits for those over 50.
First, bodybuilding improves strength and flexibility, which is especially important as we age. In turn, weight training helps strengthen muscles and bones, preventing injuries and illnesses.
Additionally, bodybuilding helps improve posture and mobility. This way, daily tasks will be easier and less painful. It also contributes to mental health, since physical exercise reduces stress and anxiety.
However, it is essential to keep in mind that bodybuilding must be approached in a safe and age-appropriate manner. Before starting any exercise program, it is advisable to consult with a health professional. It is advisable to work with a qualified personal trainer who has experience training people over 50 years of age.
5 Benefits Of Bodybuilding
1. Muscle Development:
Bodybuilding promotes muscle growth, enhancing strength, and functional capacity.
2. Improved Metabolism:
Regular weight training boosts metabolism, aiding in fat loss and weight management.
3. Bone Health:
Resistance training contributes to bone density, reducing the risk of osteoporosis and enhancing skeletal strength.
4. Mental Well-being:
Bodybuilding is linked to improved mood, reduced stress, and increased self-confidence.
5. Enhanced Overall Health:
It positively impacts cardiovascular health, insulin sensitivity, and overall fitness, promoting a healthier lifestyle.