Do you need a degree to boost your professional future? Probably yes! And any of the degrees that can be obtained today represent great opportunities for a professional. At the same time, you will achieve a high level of satisfaction and benefits, both on a personal and professional level. Currently, it is common to question the need to have higher academic training to access the job market, but salary improvements and the possibility of obtaining better positions within an organization are the first advantages that are obvious.
Studying for a bachelor’s degree involves dedicating four or five years to the study of a branch of knowledge that is of interest to us. Furthermore, this modality of study involves a wide area of knowledge that combines theoretical and practical skills, which will be impossible to obtain in a technical degree or in a course of much shorter duration. However, upon completion of your studies, you will obtain the best professional opportunities after a bachelor’s degree. Stay and discover everything you need to know about them!
What is an LCC?
When referring to a bachelor’s degree, we are talking about the academic degree or title that is achieved by completing a series of studies as part of higher education, which can last around four or six years. However, when you achieve this degree, it means that you are already an individually prepared and qualified to perform a series of tasks in a specific area, so it is easy to understand that there are many types of degrees.
The term “ license ” comes from the medieval Latin “licenciatūra”, as does the term “licentiare”, a word that means to license or rather authorize.
In the field of bachelor’s degrees , it is very common to find their abbreviations. For this reason, it is usually essential to know what the abbreviation of licneciatura is or even the abbreviation of licentiate or how to abbreviate licence , in order to understand this level of studies. Therefore, a common question about this type of training is how to abbreviate bachelor’s degree .
LCC corresponds to the most used abbreviation of Bachelor’s Degree .
For its part, regarding the abbreviation of graduate , regardless of the degree obtained in a specific area, when talking about a bachelor’s degree we can write or address our interlocutor with the following abbreviations: Ldo./Lda., Lcdo./Lcda. Or Lic .
Without a doubt, one of the great confusions when using the abbreviations of degrees and their meaning is the extensive range of academic titles with this mention. In this section we will mention the most important examples .
- LEO: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and Midwifery .
- LED: Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Law .
- LP: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology .
- LCC: Bachelor of Communication Sciences .
- LE: Bachelor’s degree in Economics .
- LF: Bachelor of Finance .
- LCQ: Bachelor of Chemical Sciences.
- LI : Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- LEM : Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing.
- LIN: Bachelor’s Degree in International Trade.
- LIC in Merc: Graduate in marketing.
What are the main types of degrees?
Before choosing your ideal degree, it is important to know which types of degrees are most studied so that you have something to choose from. Below, we show you some of them:
- Bachelor’s degrees in science : They are clearly one of the most common types of degrees that students receive at universities .
- Bachelor of Arts and Humanities : Other majors with a lot of fame among all the varieties of bachelor ‘s degrees that can be offered are within the field of arts and humanities.
- Bachelor’s degrees in fine arts : fine arts are the most popular type of career chosen by those people who love all types of artistic expression in the world.
These are the most important types of degrees , but they are broken down into many different careers. Some of the most important are:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in business.
- Bachelor’s degree in business sciences.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- The canon law degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice sciences.
- Bachelor of Divinity.
- Bachelor’s degree in education.
- Bachelor’s degree in wireless engineering.
- Bachelor of Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering sciences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in religious studies.
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological systems sciences.
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in literature.
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry Research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hebrew letters.
- The degree in law.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in ocean sciences.
Difference between a technical degree and a bachelor’s degree
Now that you know what a bachelor’s degree is and what its main types are, you probably have other questions, such as the difference between a technical degree and a bachelor’s degree , or the difference between engineering and a bachelor’s degree , right? We respond!
What really allows us to understand the difference between a technical career and a bachelor’s degree is that, when contrasting the technician or technologist with the graduate, the Bachelor’s degree is a specialization of university careers , where comprehensive and extensive knowledge is acquired on a subject such as that the future graduate is capable of being productive, effective and efficient in the exercise of his or her work environment.
Furthermore, another big difference between a technical degree and a bachelor’s degree is the duration of study of each of them. University courses for bachelor’s degrees are longer, while those for technician or technologist have a shorter study time. Normally between four and six semesters is the time necessary to be a technician, technologist or specialized technician.
Finally, there is another big and very important difference between a bachelor’s degree and a technical degree: the investment costs. The cost that a student must make to pursue a career as a Higher University Technician is substantially lower than what they must invest to study a bachelor’s degree.
Difference between bachelor’s degree and engineering
Knowing the difference between a bachelor’s degree and engineering is essential to choosing the right career path for you. Many believe that an engineering degree guarantees better economic remuneration, while others think that it is the degrees that will guarantee their professional success, but, at this point, who is right? Which rank is higher as an engineer or graduate ? Are engineers also licensed ?
To begin with, all university courses over 3 years (higher technical/ technical courses ) are considered degrees , since the graduate is granted a certification in which he or she is given a “license” or “permission” to be able to perform professionally in a certain field. For this to be possible, it is important that each title has legal support that must be presented and validated by the Ministry and legalization organizations, according to the laws of each country.
Another important point to highlight is that careers such as mechanical engineering , civil engineering , industrial engineering and mechanical engineering require, to obtain the degree , like any other bachelor’s, postgraduate or master’s degree , the defense of a special degree work that must be supported by field research and not documentary, as required by some humanities specialties.
In short, a bachelor’s degree is a university degree , in which the necessary knowledge in a discipline is obtained, through learning strategies and techniques . On the other hand, engineering is also a university degree that promotes knowledge in students, but at a scientific-technological level. Through engineering we can develop, improve and satisfy human needs.
Thus, the difference is nothing more than the type of study we are dealing with. If you want to be an engineer and are looking for training at a scientific-technological level, perhaps you should study engineering . While if you are interested in other types of more theoretical studies, you must study a bachelor’s degree . You choose!
What is better an engineering or a bachelor’s degree?
Now: What is better an Engineering or Bachelor’s degree ? Well, as we say, it depends! The differences are few. Both are university degrees , although specialized in different branches of knowledge.
In the same way, it should matter little if you are a Graduate or an Engineer as long as you dedicate yourself as a professional to being full of enthusiasm, to giving your best and demonstrating that you are excellent in what you do, that you are a person who studied for many years and under his arm he holds a higher education degree, which shows that you are fully qualified to practice your profession.
Difference between TSU and bachelor’s degree
Another common doubt about bachelor’s studies is the difference between TSU and bachelor’s degree . And the demand for qualified labor produced changes in the duration of careers. Then, the higher university technician (TSU) careers emerged as an excellent option to have qualified professionals to meet the needs of the developing society.
A Higher University Technical Degree (TSU) is a type of higher education characterized by having a shorter duration than the traditional bachelor’s degree and which, in addition, is aimed at providing technical skills and specific knowledge.
The difference between TSU and bachelor’s degree is not clear in the daily lives of workers, since, on some occasions, there does not seem to be a difference in the work they do. However, the graduate studies each aspect of the career in greater depth , so when it comes to assuming greater responsibilities and making decisions, that depth of knowledge gives them added value and that is why they are the bosses even if they have fewer years of experience. .
These are some differences between both degrees:
- TSU university degrees last between 2 and 3 years, while bachelor’s degrees last between 4 and 5 years.
- TSU majors are more limited, because there is not as much variety, which does exist at bachelor’s levels.
- TSUs have less social and academic prestige than graduates.
- The TSU degree is recognized as a level between high school and bachelor’s degree or engineering .
- The TSU focuses more on the practical, the graduate focuses more on the academic.
- TSUs receive lower salaries than graduates.
Bachelor’s degree in one year: Is it possible?
It is common to find the question of whether or not it is possible to complete a bachelor’s degree in one year . Not really. Completing a bachelor’s degree in a single year is not possible, since the average duration of a bachelor’s degree is three to five years, depending on the country and the educational system we are referring to.
However, there is a great demand for short-term bachelor’s degrees because they provide students with great advantages such as little investment of time and money that other careers do not allow. In this sense, in some cases and in certain countries, there may be accelerated or intensive bachelor’s programs , which allow students to complete the requirements in a shorter period of time, such as three years.
What’s next after graduation? Professional outings
You may be wondering what’s next after graduation . Will it really allow you to continue with the professional path you want? Let’s find out below what comes after the bachelor’s degree .
The answer is that before you you have a blank page, where you can begin to design your project, you can start from your own company and look for your first job to begin developing in the professional field, until obtaining a doctorate. Whatever path you follow after your degree, you should keep in mind that it is your decision. Good advice is to continue with your training and look for courses, technical careers , diplomas, specialties or a master’s degree. This will allow you to stay up to date!
In summary, this is all you can do after studying a Bachelor’s degree :
- Do a Postgraduate .
- Make a master.
- Do a PhD (previously, you will need a master’s degree).
- Start another related university degree .
- Learn English or another foreign language.
- Take a Diploma.
- Take professional specialization courses.
Study a postgraduate degree
Studying a postgraduate degree , in addition to differentiating yourself in the competitive world of work, provides you with the theoretical and practical tools to face work challenges. In addition, it helps you stay updated on general culture issues , related to your profession and new job opportunities.
A postgraduate degree is the specialization of a subject after having completed a bachelor’s degree . Specialty or master’s degree, both are the first step when finishing the bachelor’s degree and both are classified as postgraduate studies. However, they are not the same and do not work in the same way or attract the same benefits. We show them to you!
Make a specialty
Its main objective is to deepen the mastery of theoretical, technical and methodological knowledge in some aspects or areas of a professional discipline. This is one of the stages that make up what comes after the bachelor’s degree.
The specialty expands professional training through intensive training. For this reason, you delve into a specific area of knowledge within your profession and develop the skills that you can perform at work.
Study a master’s degree
Contrary to a specialty even though it is part of what follows after the degree. A master’s degree provides superior academic, theoretical and practical training . Likewise, it requires analytical and interpretive skills to elaborate concepts and develop arguments.
It aims to provide higher education in an area of a discipline or in an interdisciplinary area as opposed to a specialty. This deepens training in theoretical, technological, professional development, for research, study and specific training.
Why study a bachelor’s degree? Advantages
If you are still wondering why study a bachelor’s degree , we invite you to continue reading. We want to talk to you about the main advantages of studying a bachelor’s degree . Come on?
- You will be able to access higher education courses , such as postgraduate degrees , master’s degrees and doctorates , which are essential requirements to climb even further up the ranks of a company .
- By studying a bachelor’s degree, you will not only have more professional opportunities but you will also obtain academic skills that affect other areas of students’ lives and give them the ability to understand culture in a better way.
- A statistical advantage is that it is proven that those who complete a university degree feel more interested and motivated to continue studying and constantly updating themselves than those who leave it aside.
- Studying a degree is extremely satisfying as it shows us that we are capable of growing, adapting to a teaching system and organizing our being to do so, obtaining excellent results that lead us to achieve the final goal, obtaining the degree .
- Studying a university degree trains us and makes us perseverant, constant, studious and determined, which helps us enormously to face any obstacle in our work or personal life.
- Bachelor’s degrees help us train ourselves in the field of work that we most like. With this we can prepare ourselves extensively to be the best in this, with university being the first step to forge ourselves as excellent professionals .